4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Constructive criticism...

Go down 
+12
bomjoon
SANDERS
Grocery Grip
Jake
nicad
scars_of_carma
Lonewolfjulez
Keegan
TouringBubble
Minnoe07
Jason
specVance
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!

Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:26 pm

TouringBubble wrote:
"I'll do it my way, STFU you filthy smelly pirate hooker~!."

fixed.
Back to top Go down
tougemiata

tougemiata

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:52 pm

long sweepings lefts get me everytime!
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:03 pm

Decreasing raduis turns eat me ALIVE. I have alil trouble with double apex hairpins as well. I need to work on not trying to exit so fast, it causes understeer.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:08 pm

i dont like the corners that have a dip right before the turn... it fucks up your braking and locks your s*** up.
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:11 pm

I never have had issues with that. The decreasing raduis corners always do that to me, I will try to track brake going into them and either give it to much brake and lock em up or not enough and slide off line then locking them up trying to slow down. I need to learn to left foot brake for this so that I can maintain the car balance with the gas pedal while slowing down.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:45 pm

decrease radius turn = awd slide exit.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:45 pm

...or a F'n understeer to death.
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Oh yes I have learned this after doing a couple of these autoxing, this car handles my lack of driving ability on decreasing raduis corners MUCH better than my sentra did. The subaru is like "I can work with this, hold on a min", the sentra was like "FUCK YOU DOLPHIN!!!!! *understeer off road*".
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 pm

i understeer to hell when i autox... mostly due to not braking prior to turning and trying to turn while still doing 50mph

braking is for pussies
Back to top Go down
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:16 am

~The_Duke~ wrote:
the sentra was like "FUCK YOU DOLPHIN!!!!! *understeer off road* and into a curb".

fixed that. Have those pics ever came up over here? They were pretty epic.

I like brakes thank you very much useless reply button
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:42 pm

specVance wrote:
~The_Duke~ wrote:
the sentra was like "FUCK YOU DOLPHIN!!!!! *understeer off road* and into a curb".

fixed that. Have those pics ever came up over here? They were pretty epic.

I like brakes thank you very much useless reply button

I have them on my home computer somewhere, if they didnt get taken out when my last HD crashed.
Back to top Go down
scars_of_carma
Touge Newbie
scars_of_carma

PostSubject: Nars Nordschleife   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:56 am

Heh, there is one particular section of my home course that is very difficult to navigate at speed. Like black diamond maybe even double-black diamond? That's why I call it the Nordschleife. (well one of the reasons)

I used to be able to run this course reasonably well but as soon as I switch cars (which is far too often lately) I have to start over again. Overall I think my BMW was best suited for it because it had the smoothest ride and the gear ratios matched up with the course nicely. I could just floor it in 2nd and just modulate the throttle most of the way through. It's a cool feeling cause its the perfect setup for left-foot-braking.

Problem 1: blind corners
There are so many @#$% blind corners in this one 5 mile section that you cannot keep track of it, even if you are just cruising it during the day. I think a rally-navigator's head would explode trying to take course notes.

You cannot commit to any kind of real speed at corner entry because your a**hole will be puckering so tight you will mob turkey. Its frustrating.

Problem 2: Varying traction conditions.

Branches, leaves, dampness, crumbling asphalt, dead turkeys, litter, whatever... If the road doesn't look pristine when I scout it I don't even bother with a practice run.

Problem 3: Potholes, and burried roots.

If I remember correctly there are maybe three or four potholes here that you do not want to meet. (Have you see the commercial with the talking-bitch pothole? Well she was born here.)

One particularly nasty one bottomed out the front suspension so bad on my Z I was certain I broke something. (Turned out it was just my pride that was damaged... *sigh* ) The issue is there's a large bump in the road caused by a root or something right behind it. So on the uphill if you hit the pothole your suspension will be on the way down and your air dam or whatever will get smashed by this bump a milisecond later.

Some parts of this section are just too bumpy for anything stiffer then street springs.

For all of these reasons (and probably more I am forgetting) this road is not a joy to drive. I hate it. And I love it. It's like that guy that said I climb mountains because they keep getting bigger. No matter how accomplished I feel on some other course, all I have to do is ask myself... If you're so good Nar why can't you run the Nordschleife without screaming f**k YOU DOLPHIN!!!!! ...And then I cry... I feel like this roads bitch.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 am

uh what he said
Back to top Go down
scars_of_carma
Touge Newbie
scars_of_carma

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:38 pm

what? is my nordschleife story too long? lol
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Not as long as the real Nordschleife sadly ... but I enjoyed it. =)

Our "Home Course" (GMR) used to be in the same condition ... potholes, crumbling shoulders ... no blind drives though. It was recently repaved to renew it's former glory, but they decided to replace a bridge about 3 weeks after, so I never got to drive it on the good surface. The bridge should be finished later in the year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm

well in order fer me to have a home course, I would have to make one lol, I was thinking of starting a local autoX, since nobody around town doesnt want to. Do you know of anybody that has started something like this from scratch? I know its more than an empty lot and cones lol any advice would be greatly received
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Lone there is an SCCA chapter in middle ga somewhere down there.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:55 pm

I will look into it
Back to top Go down
scars_of_carma
Touge Newbie
scars_of_carma

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Lonewolfjulez wrote:
well in order fer me to have a home course, I would have to make one lol, I was thinking of starting a local autoX, since nobody around town doesnt want to. Do you know of anybody that has started something like this from scratch? I know its more than an empty lot and cones lol any advice would be greatly received

Me and a buddy of mine put on an Auto-X a while back at the local racetrack. We just set it up in the paddock. Since we were at the track their were EMT's already on site and I think that cut down the cost considerably. (Normally EMT's are like $95 an hour) It also cut down costs since we didn't have to buy a hundred cones they already had em. All we had to pay for was insurance which we did through the track also. We paid them a fee and they provided us everything else we needed. It was the easiest way to go about it.

Setting up an Auto X anywhere else is pretty hard. Assuming you can find a place to rent you still have the buy all the supplies and insurance. It's far easier to participate in the SCCA Solo series. Just find your local chapter and they will have info on their website. Besides, technically you are participating in a national championship which is pretty cool. You get your own official number and your name gets posted in the results. You get to be famous Wink
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:31 pm

well when you put it that way lol
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 pm

LOL julian, me and Marlon used to run the Loop around Flat Rock park in the middle of the night.
Back to top Go down
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:57 pm

^nice. A buddy and I had a nice industrial area we would go and play follow the leader at. I will be participating in much of this years auto-x activities!
Back to top Go down
xxxjohnnyxxx
Touge Newbie
xxxjohnnyxxx

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 am

to me, driving with with someone else is to scary for me, as we all know driving the touge is dangerous. anything can happen, other motorist, wildlife, pothole, anything. and it scares me that if i go down, he's going down with me. (this is driving at 70 percent). I also dont like it because im super self conscious. I'll feel like a bad driver if they say i made the littlest mistake (dont get me wrong because i still do and im still learning no one's perfect) but it will help me to correct my mistake and drive better. all in all its just fun to go up there alone crank up some tunes and just drive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcdonalddrift.wordpress.com
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:17 am

specVance wrote:
^nice. A buddy and I had a nice industrial area we would go and play follow the leader at. I will be participating in much of this years auto-x activities!

Its basically a narrow road that circles a lake with many twist's and elevation changes.

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=32.541278,-84.881272&spn=0.022756,0.045447&z=15
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 am

SPARTA wrote:
LOL julian, me and Marlon used to run the Loop around Flat Rock park in the middle of the night.

yeah they got cops all around the parks now, took a lady friend down there and almost got busted.

so loud screaming exhaust notes are a dead give away lol
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 am

Lonewolfjulez wrote:
SPARTA wrote:

yeah they got cops all around the parks now, took a lady friend down there and almost got busted.

so loud screaming exhaust notes are a dead give away lol

yea I'd imagine the cops being there now. One of my childhood friends killed his drug dealer there. dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constructive criticism...   Constructive criticism... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Constructive criticism...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4touge.com Forum :: Touge :: Methodology-
Jump to: