4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

I learned some things this weekend...

Go down 
+8
Z Infidel
Erv
TouringBubble
07ltd#767
RoMe
bomjoon
Jake
~The_Duke~
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
~The_Duke~
Touge Master

I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I learned some things this weekend...   I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:51 pm

I was dicking around in a dirt parking lot a while ago and had it set on 'lock' and I could feel it not unlocking and chirping both front and rear. I am pretty sure it locks them, I just dont have any documentation to support this.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: I learned some things this weekend...   I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:04 pm

clutch kick it and then pull the ebrake for maximum damage.
Back to top Go down
J_P
Touge Apprentice
J_P

PostSubject: Re: I learned some things this weekend...   I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 pm

No Duke you're right. When in 100% locked 50/50 or whatever you want to call it when you turn tight on asphalt you can get a little tire hop and it feels just like a truck in 4wheel low on the pavement. Eats the hell out of the tires, but you get incredible grip. I won't use it unless I'm offroad(extremely rare) or snow. That being said the 2 settings closest to open diff should be fine on pavement.

http://www.driveperformance.subaru.com/version1_2/blueprint.asp
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: I learned some things this weekend...   I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:01 pm

That is a great acrticle, I like knowing how stuff works. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: I learned some things this weekend...   I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 pm

long story short... go offroad more often. get like me mr. duke
Back to top Go down
2thAche
Touge Novice
2thAche

PostSubject: Re: I learned some things this weekend...   I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:07 pm

I know on my '04 that the highest setting is indeed full lock 50/50. Only for dirt or snow, you'll ruin the center diff on the street. The next level down is close enough to lock that it's not good for the diff on pavement either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/profile/2thAche.htm
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: I learned some things this weekend...   I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Ya the next level down feels like it isnt good for the car, that thing locks going around corners really slow and it will lock even under the slightest throttle.

The 65% (2nd under lock) feels the best on pavement though.
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: I learned some things this weekend...   I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:42 am

Any new results Dukey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I learned some things this weekend...   I learned some things this weekend... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I learned some things this weekend...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4touge.com Forum :: Touge :: Methodology-
Jump to: