4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.

Go down 
+5
SPARTA
J_P
07ltd#767
nicad
ghostrat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ghostrat
Touge Newbie
ghostrat

The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Empty
PostSubject: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:05 pm

There are several people on this board who come off as incredibly cool, so I'd like to ask your opinions.

http://a2sportcompacts.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2573

Basically, when it comes to the extremely rare set of good curves we have in Michigan, do you think I should just tell everyone where they are?

I've driven the local roads thousands of times, and before Google Maps came out I had to find them the old fashioned way... with a mini flashlight and a paper map at 2 in the morning.

I don't know if I'm in the right, trying to make a dent in the number of squirrelly show-offs terrorizing my favorite roads; or if I'm just acting like an elitist prick.

Let me know what you think. Nothing serious here, just interested in your viewpoints!
Back to top Go down
nicad
Touge Newbie
nicad

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:17 pm

clicked link, asked me to register, closed tab
Back to top Go down
http://www.sregg.in
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:33 pm

^^^

read this...still clicked link - same outcome
Back to top Go down
J_P
Touge Apprentice
J_P

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:54 pm

copy and paste what's in the thread linked to above please.
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:42 pm

looks like you've got the right mindset. We tried to keep our routes under wraps but they are pretty well known by just about anyone that drives in the mountains so we keep our runs under wraps. This way we make sure we know the people we are with and trust them.

Set a pace that everyone is comfortable at, and by that I mean a pace where they aren't fighting to get around you, but don't give their skill level too much credit and think that they can keep up so don't test their limits until you feel that they are faster than your current pace.

LOL at security clearance comment.
Back to top Go down
JaredM
Touge Apprentice
JaredM

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:59 pm

I'd keep the route to myself. Enjoy it while you can before the cyclists and goldwing riders take it over... & a road more popular with drivers will become more popular with the Law...
Back to top Go down
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:31 pm

^this is truth. I don't think anybody here will think you are an elitist for keeping the routes to yourself.
Back to top Go down
tuner_dude
Touge Newbie
tuner_dude

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:38 pm

i like pace not cat and mouse and lose 6 members on a run....
Back to top Go down
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:01 pm

^haha.
Back to top Go down
2thAche
Touge Novice
2thAche

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Pace: People usually know where to put themselves after a run or two. We have enough stop-off areas that groups can re-group or re-arrange and that's the best bet.

Most of the danger is in too many people you don't know joining runs (best to add a 1-2 new ppl at at time) or people who don't know their limits and HAVE to catch that guy ahead of them.

Small groups w/ people you know/trust are the best. Larger groups w/ egos/ inexperience = danger danger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/profile/2thAche.htm
ghostrat
Touge Newbie
ghostrat

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:22 pm

There's a loop here called the Westside loop that used to be heaven but now it's covered with cops because of people from Detroit coming out and hitting 160 on every straight. :/
Back to top Go down
ghostrat
Touge Newbie
ghostrat

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 pm

The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. 0618001931a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.   The pace, leading a pack, and newbs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The pace, leading a pack, and newbs.
Page 1 of 1