4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...

Go down 
+8
bixs
TouringBubble
ghostrat
specVance
Jake
JaredM
J_P
~The_Duke~
12 posters
AuthorMessage
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Empty
PostSubject: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:17 pm

I found this on 240atlanta, they werent even running a mountain or anything. The driver of this mazda crossed the double yellow, couldnt see around a corner or another veichle and nailed this F250 head on...

Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Wreck_

http://www.rockdalecitizen.com/newtonnews/headlines/95584549.html

Things like this is why we dont cross double yellows...
Back to top Go down
J_P
Touge Apprentice
J_P

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:34 pm

And why you shouldn't run with just anybody. Sad.
Back to top Go down
J_P
Touge Apprentice
J_P

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:41 pm

Read the article. Horrible. He didn't just cross double yellow while cornering he was passing somebody. Mazda driver died in the wreck. Passenger was airlifted to a hospital, and the F250 driver had some bruises.
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:04 pm

J_P wrote:
Read the article. Horrible. He didn't just cross double yellow while cornering he was passing somebody. Mazda driver died in the wreck. Passenger was airlifted to a hospital, and the F250 driver had some bruises.

The kid who was airlifted is a member on 240atlanta, he just posted this up.
Back to top Go down
JaredM
Touge Apprentice
JaredM

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 pm

thats horrible... I can't believe he was driving like that with a passenger.

edit: * or at all but especially with someone elses life in your hands *
Back to top Go down
Jake
Special award-Air force
Special award-Air force
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:59 pm

unfortunately he got what he deserved. BE SMART GUYS!
Back to top Go down
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:12 pm

thats rough but thats why we don't play those games.
Back to top Go down
ghostrat
Touge Newbie
ghostrat

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:32 am

Same reason I keep out of the throttle until I can see the exit.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:14 am

There is something to be said about patience and observation. I nearly ended up in a similar accident myself about a year ago.

Basically, I'm very timid about passing in general. This comes from driving a '73 Beetle for a while. It wouldn't pass itself, much less anything else. So, I never really passed ... I'm just patient.

Now, with the Evo, it's really easy to pass, but I'm still timid. I usually check the other lane like 6 times before passing and make sure that it's 200% clear before making a pass, and I only do that when people are going below the speed limit.

I was on AL Hwy 11 between Chelsea and Alabaster and was behind an SUV doing around 40 in this 50 zone. I was behind him for a while as the passing zones are few on this road due to elevation changes. I was watching the opposite lane for a couple of miles waiting for a passing zone.

I see a passing zone up ahead an it's clear. When I get to the passing zone, I immediately planned to pass and began to get over, but realized that there was still a small crest up ahead. I waited for just a moment and found a Miata cresting the hill just a moment after.

If I had been impatient and just assumed it was clear, I would have likely killed the driver of that car. Now, every time I get impatient I think about that.

So, please be safe drivers guys. Being held up by a minute or so is not worth getting in a wreck. Passing zones aren't always well thought out, so please be 110% sure it's clear before making a pass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com
bixs
Touge Novice
bixs

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:39 am

bring a camera, stop at a pulloff, take some scenic pics and let the cars get ahead
Back to top Go down
ghostrat
Touge Newbie
ghostrat

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Besides that, passing people pisses them off, and pissed of people complain, and people who complain ruin things.
Back to top Go down
roruss08gti

roruss08gti

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Unlike TouringBubble, I do not hesitate when passing. This can many times cause the same issue. Just a split second hesitation can cause the car you are trying to pass to see that you are passing and often either speed up or even vear over to somewhat block you. Yes, that's right, like ghostrat says, passing people pisses them off.

However, I too make sure that there is nothing in the oncoming lane. And I mean NOTHING. I do not want to see a car 2 miles ahead and know that there is time between myself and the car I am passing. If I see something, I wait. But when I know that there is no traffic ahead, I do not hesitate.
Back to top Go down
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 pm

2 miles is a lot of road. passing needs to be safe. and not over double yellows. bixs comment times two.
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Duke got anymore input on the passenger?
Back to top Go down
Minnoe07
Touge Apprentice
Minnoe07

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Sad and sucks, but you gotta be careful.
Back to top Go down
ap2uner
Twitch
ap2uner

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:02 pm

This is very unfortunate. Prayers go out to the families.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...   Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touge Safety: Why we dont cross double yellows...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4touge.com Forum :: Touge :: Methodology-
Jump to: