4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Just something to keep in everyone's mind

Go down 
+12
mazeroth
SPARTA
~The_Duke~
omgvtec
TougeTuned
leadfoot_mf
Trekster
shaun
bomjoon
Greg
Jason
2thAche
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
~The_Duke~
Touge Master

Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 pm

My GF has to take motion sickness meds when she rides with me on mountain runs now.
Back to top Go down
RRIX
fat boy
RRIX

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:21 pm

mazeroth wrote:
Ohh and make sure on your first time there, you don't drive close to me Razz

Good advice....stay far away from him at all times!
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:23 pm

RRIX wrote:
mazeroth wrote:
Ohh and make sure on your first time there, you don't drive close to me Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_razz

Joey is normally fast enough that it is kinda hard to get close to him, so I think she'll be fine with that request... lol
Back to top Go down
mazeroth
Touge Apprentice
mazeroth

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:38 pm

RRIX wrote:
mazeroth wrote:

I tend to crack windshields cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.joeyrivera.com
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:31 pm

07ltd#767 wrote:
I also wouldn't recommend going up and meeting at 9am when you were out drinking and s*** until 6am...trust me, it sucks

and jake pukes

oh, edit - jake pukes after having 2 beers and going to bed at midnight...biatch

Yea bad idea for mt runs.. I did it for my auto x though..
Back to top Go down
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:33 pm

~The_Duke~ wrote:
My GF has to take motion sickness meds when she rides with me on mountain runs now.

I was there the day she realized this was necessary. Needless to say we didn't finish the run after lunch.
Back to top Go down
omgvtec

omgvtec

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:15 pm

mazeroth wrote:
You could also buy some books that teach you about driving and suspension to understand better what's going on. I've been to lazy to do that but will at some point. It'd be nice to understand why a bigger or smaller sway bar causes more or less understeer, or why/when would you want to stiffen the front or rear of your car, etc. etc.

What books do you recommend?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/resendez.erin
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:04 pm

mazeroth wrote:
RRIX wrote:
mazeroth wrote:

I tend to crack windshields cheers

yeah you stay behind me at all times. i gotta get you back for my crack on the windsheild.
Back to top Go down
leadfoot_mf
Touge Apprentice
leadfoot_mf

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:34 pm

omgvtec04 wrote:
mazeroth wrote:
You could also buy some books that teach you about driving and suspension to understand better what's going on. I've been to lazy to do that but will at some point. It'd be nice to understand why a bigger or smaller sway bar causes more or less understeer, or why/when would you want to stiffen the front or rear of your car, etc. etc.

What books do you recommend?

ross bentleys speed secrets series is good

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0760315108/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0760306036&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15JRB2ZYG0X2FCR96P9G

http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Secrets-II-Professional-Techniques/dp/0760315108/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

http://www.amazon.com/Going-Faster-Mastering-Race-Driving/dp/0837602262/ref=pd_sim_b_3
Back to top Go down
leadfoot_mf
Touge Apprentice
leadfoot_mf

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:35 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Secrets-Professional-Driving-Techniques/dp/0760305188/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b
Back to top Go down
DunDunSkeert

DunDunSkeert

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 pm

I ussually go pretty fast down mountain and brake pretty late, I ALWAYS go slower around blind turns and always slow down when I see another car or bike.

Hopefully if a bike had been coming you would have seen them and braked earlier. Don't beat yourself up over it, nothing happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just something to keep in everyone's mind   Just something to keep in everyone's mind - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just something to keep in everyone's mind
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4touge.com Forum :: Touge :: Methodology-
Jump to: