4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Winter is coming.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
marleybros

marleybros

Winter is coming.  Empty
PostSubject: Winter is coming.    Winter is coming.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 4:24 pm

okay! to make a short story, I've been on the touge recently, a road I love but wich is far from home.
As you guys now, winter is coming, and here in quebec, we already have snow at some places ^^"
I drive an automatic fwd echo.
underpowered cheap car you know :-/
And I was wondering what can help me to get better behind the wheel.
I know how to deal with under and oversteering, but still have difficulty at corner exit, more likely during snow and rain day.
I would like to have some advices from fwd guy!
Thank Razz
Back to top Go down
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

Winter is coming.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming.    Winter is coming.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:33 am

I think your problem with corner exit speed is more car than experience. The Echo was never meant for speed, just a cheap eco-box soul-sucking transport. Deal with what you have until you can get a replacement.
Back to top Go down
marleybros

marleybros

Winter is coming.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming.    Winter is coming.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Well, today, I found a way to increase my cornering speed.
By shifting weight to the front of the car, I can get more traction and steering out of my fwd.
but I still need to press on the gas.
so I need to brake with left foot.
And then, snow make the car understeer, and when too much weight is on the front end, the back start to swing.
Back to top Go down
MidnightblueMR2
Touge Newbie
MidnightblueMR2

Winter is coming.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming.    Winter is coming.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 1:05 am

Left foot braking is a very important skill to have in a FF. If you get good enough you can slide and corner like an FR with precise inputs. I can four wheel drift my prius with opposite lock and heavy throttle. The computer thinks we are going to die...
Back to top Go down
marleybros

marleybros

Winter is coming.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming.    Winter is coming.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 10:56 pm

I understand your car XD
I've worked on a prius already and I asked myself : what the heck does this car think when youre on the touge XD
must be epic
but still..
I'll stop running the touge for financial reasons and get back in less than a year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter is coming.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming.    Winter is coming.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter is coming.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4touge.com Forum :: Touge :: Methodology-
Jump to: