4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

How to keep yourself from getting carried away?

Go down 
+4
RoMe
Jason
RRIX
SidewayZ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SidewayZ
Touge Newbie
SidewayZ

How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Empty
PostSubject: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:59 pm

How can you guys keep from get too excited on a run, driving with other people, and not want to "out run them"?

I'm a very competitive person. I've seen some touge runs, one in particular of Jason running against an EVO, WRX and finally a 350Z. And I know if it was me I'd be driving pretty hard.

Now I've read the rules of the touge and understand all of them are there for ours and everyone else's safety.

But still, answer me how you guys keep all that in check most of the time?

Last edited by SidewayZ on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RRIX
fat boy
RRIX

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:04 pm

my $0.02

Just picture yourself out driving the car in front of you but you add so much presure on them that they overturn and hit a car and wreck you both...that is what keeps in check for me.

Most of us all know how fast our cars are. Some of us know our limits and the cars limits. But when it comes to driving skills you have to leave the ego at home and be respectful of anothers ability.
Back to top Go down
Jason
TOUGE SENSEI
Jason

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:48 pm

^ agreed

I have 2 kids. Thats what keep me from overdoing it. I do drive hard, but you HAVE to know your limits and your cars limit.
Back to top Go down
http://4touge.com
SidewayZ
Touge Newbie
SidewayZ

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:14 am

very good points everyone. but for someone who doesn't have kids or anyone to go home too

<-------------

the best rule is to keep the ego at home, and watch behind you, and keep it at 70%?
Back to top Go down
RoMe
Touge Novice
RoMe

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:49 am

Also you car will let you know when you've push to hard, it will scare the s*** out of you...

Its kind of fun following somebody's lines if they can drive
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BarbyD84#!/profile.php?ref=profile&a
Trekster
Touge Apprentice
Trekster

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:56 am

the most important thing is knowing what your car can do. your skills could take you so far if your brakes don't stop well, or car leans too much or isn't stable or doesn't have enough power.

to become a good driver, you need to push and push until you get to a point where your brake is locking up, abs is kicking in and you say to yourself "oh s***, I'm going to die" and pull out of it alive. That's your limit and you know where it is.

That and lead a mtn run. A lot of people don't understand that leading the run is much harder than follwing someone, especially at the dragon. You're reacting to what's coming ahead of you at the same time making sure you adjust your driving according to who's behind you and understand how they brake, accelerate and what that person's car can do so you give them some allowance to make sure the entire group is going to safe if you brake hard.

iI've found that i get the best run, best fun when I'm one on one. like chasing down a bike.

Personally, I think to become a better driver, you have to drive with some balls and are willing to take risks. But this should be done on your own, now with a group.
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:29 pm

nicely put Sung.

One thing to remember to go along with going balls to wall, up there its about driver skill, which is determined by how someone takes the mountain roads, so if one is trying to "Be the fastest" and ends up wrecking, he doesn't nessacarily look like he has skill, so still "loses."

Just remember to leave the speed competitions for the highway trip home
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:38 pm

highway pulls FTW~! LOL

just have fun up there w/o too much competitiveness...
you wreck thats fine but if you take someone out with you. thats a NONO~!

i know my limits and what my car can do.... (now i have to find out what it can do since ive put some new stuff in) hehe
Back to top Go down
SidewayZ
Touge Newbie
SidewayZ

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:07 pm

I like all the good input I'm getting. Sometime after I get my car fixed and tuned the way I want it, I'll have to come down sometime.

But I'm pretty sure that my Z doing a highway pull will lose most of the time to the cars with **coughs** displacement replacements Very Happy

Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against turbo charged cars, except for the fact they will more than likely beat my car every time. lol

Who else has lead a mountain run that would like to try and describe it? I'm curious about trying that
Back to top Go down
Trekster
Touge Apprentice
Trekster

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:26 pm

bomjoon wrote:
highway pulls FTW~! LOL

just have fun up there w/o too much competitiveness...
you wreck thats fine but if you take someone out with you. thats a NONO~!

i know my limits and what my car can do.... (now i have to find out what it can do since ive put some new stuff in) hehe

wait until I get my Evo RS with GT30. You'll never be able to find your limit.

LOL UMHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Back to top Go down
RRIX
fat boy
RRIX

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:21 pm

You buying my car
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:26 pm

LOL

you wish you can beat me.

nomatter what you get 'll top you even if i have to get a loan to get it Smile
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:10 am

i like to chase down faster cars in my slow thing, but i don't keep pressure on them for long, i slow down let them grab a couple corners and drive at my pace, it also helps to stay within your skill level during mtn runs.

The way we ran we tried to keep more experienced people in the front. or those that know the roads anyway.

if i am out by myself i have no qualms driving 70%, if i have a passenger, even if its to attack the corners i can't drive that fast.

i have a safety check that works best for me to tell me if i am getting to riled up. I drive with one hand, when I am startin to feel pushed/pressured(lead or follow) I will put both hands on the wheel, this is my sign its time to cool down.

I also listen to calming music like Tai Chi, to keep me mellow.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:29 am

i think about BBQ at the end of the run. that calms me down.
Back to top Go down
SidewayZ
Touge Newbie
SidewayZ

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:37 pm

you just like the idea of a big piece of meat being cooked on a grill.

next you like to sit around a campfire talking about your feelings too.

YER FACE!!~~!1!1 LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:10 pm

Wangan_X wrote:
i like to chase down faster cars in my slow thing, but i don't keep pressure on them for long, i slow down let them grab a couple corners and drive at my pace, it also helps to stay within your skill level during mtn runs.

The way we ran we tried to keep more experienced people in the front. or those that know the roads anyway.

if i am out by myself i have no qualms driving 70%, if i have a passenger, even if its to attack the corners i can't drive that fast.

i have a safety check that works best for me to tell me if i am getting to riled up. I drive with one hand, when I am startin to feel pushed/pressured(lead or follow) I will put both hands on the wheel, this is my sign its time to cool down.

I also listen to calming music like Tai Chi, to keep me mellow.

very good point, your still gay though
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:41 pm

ouch
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:28 pm

tis true
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:21 pm

i only lob you're the one who catches...
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:23 pm

lol, I totally thought I quoted a post from Sung...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to keep yourself from getting carried away?   How to keep yourself from getting carried away? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to keep yourself from getting carried away?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4touge.com Forum :: Touge :: Methodology-
Jump to: