4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Lanecrossing/linecrossing

Go down 
+15
JaredM
tuner_dude
scarsofcarma
Minnoe07
mazeroth
bluedestiny
TouringBubble
specVance
J_P
2thAche
Erv
SPARTA
bixs
Lonewolfjulez
ghostrat
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mjtouge

Lanecrossing/linecrossing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lanecrossing/linecrossing   Lanecrossing/linecrossing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:55 pm

I originally learned to touge using both lanes, but I've come to realize after talking to Nar (scarsofcarma) and also Johnny Tsunami, that single-laning has more merits. Not just in the sense that it forces you to learn better speed-control, but also because it is safer. In my experience it's important to leave that other lane open as an escape zone. Obstacles like boulders, tree-branches, deer (living or dead) can find themselves in your path, so by single-laning you are leaving that other lane open in case you need it for an emergency maneuver.
Back to top Go down
http://touge.club
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Lanecrossing/linecrossing   Lanecrossing/linecrossing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:41 pm

yup. always good to leave some room for error when there is none.
Back to top Go down
scarsofcarma
Touge Newbie
scarsofcarma

PostSubject: Re: Lanecrossing/linecrossing   Lanecrossing/linecrossing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Yes good point mjtouge. Once in the past, I even had to cross into the other lane on a left turn when my brakes were fading in my first FB RX7 on the downhill. If I hadn't been planning to enter the turn at a single-lane speed in the first place there probably wouldn't have been any hope of making that turn.

That was my first downhill run in an FB and I didn't realize their brakes sucked that badly. They started to fade after just five or six corners. But, failing to run the downhill at a slower pace in an unfamiliar car is still a bad mistake. I'm just glad it was a survivable mistake because I was always try to maintain single-lane pace discipline.
Back to top Go down
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Lanecrossing/linecrossing   Lanecrossing/linecrossing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:31 pm

^^ this is why you engine brake and make sure the E-brake is in adjusted properly. Saved my a** a few times
Back to top Go down
MidnightblueMR2
Touge Newbie
MidnightblueMR2

PostSubject: Re: Lanecrossing/linecrossing   Lanecrossing/linecrossing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:41 pm

^^^This is why you learn how to 4 wheel drift, real drifting, not showboating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lanecrossing/linecrossing   Lanecrossing/linecrossing - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lanecrossing/linecrossing
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4touge.com Forum :: Touge :: Methodology-
Jump to: