4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

touge day or night?

Go down 
+10
Oneiguy
~The_Duke~
J_P
Jason
Jake
SPARTA
TougeTuned
TouringBubble
Keegan
Erv
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

day or night
day
touge day or night? Vote_lcap71%touge day or night? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
night
touge day or night? Vote_lcap29%touge day or night? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

touge day or night? Empty
PostSubject: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:11 pm

which do you prefer and why?

personally i prefer night

less traffic as a result less cops
i can slow down when i see a car, since i can see them further away, around corners even.
wildlife is not a concern, rather it is not anymore prevalent at night than day.
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:37 pm

too dangerous
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevinkeeganpro.com
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:49 pm

I vote day ... I don't drive as hard as you guys, so I'm fine if there is a little traffic. At night I'd be more worried about water and such that I can't see and roads I'm not familiar with.

also, Erv, there are many animals that travel mainly at night ... usually smaller animals though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com
TougeTuned
Touge Novice
TougeTuned

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:59 pm

day for safety, not to mention your way more likely to hit a deer at night
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:01 pm

I've gone up alone at night and enjoyed it. You can feel like your driving harder than you actually are because you are concentrating on the rd. The only thing that sucks about night is our mountains are so far away. Me and jerome went up one night hunting snow and it was pretty interesting. You feel alone up there in the pitch blackness. Except when you step out to pee and hear something running around in the trees.

Day is good for sightseeing
Back to top Go down
Jake
Special award-Air force
Special award-Air force
Jake

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:45 pm

way to dangerous, and i like the scenery as well. not to mention i have horrible night vision
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:48 pm

TougeTuned wrote:
day for safety, not to mention your way more likely to hit a deer at night

i have hit 4 deer and missed 3 of those only 1 was at night
Back to top Go down
Jake
Special award-Air force
Special award-Air force
Jake

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:56 pm

i have hit 0 deer. maybe you should consider better brakes and/or driving skills
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:17 pm

they tend to be attracted to my cars and you're right i do need better driving skills, I don't think anyone on here has great driving skills. Better than avg sure, but, none of us would hold a candle to professional driver.
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:51 pm

BC2003UGA wrote:
i have hit 0 deer. maybe you should consider better brakes and/or driving skills

Lol, how often have you driven on a mountain run?

Deer aren't a problem for our mountains because they are too steep and rocky. The roads surrounding them (like 400) are a problem though.
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:58 pm

there is a professional driver on the forum
Back to top Go down
Jake
Special award-Air force
Special award-Air force
Jake

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:04 pm

SPARTA wrote:
BC2003UGA wrote:

Lol, how often have you driven on a mountain run?

Deer aren't a problem for our mountains because they are too steep and rocky. The roads surrounding them (like 400) are a problem though.

ha probly just as many as you. remember there was a time BEFORE you oh great spartan! and have you ever really been to the mountains other than doing the touge?

there are trillions of deer up there!!
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:06 pm

Lol, I've been up to ours plenty of times. Still deer aren't as big a problem for us as they are for Ervin where their 'mountains' aren't as big as ours.

(Feel free to substitute the words mountains)
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 am

you sir can eat an octocock
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:19 am

Lol, did yall enjoy the slumber party last night?
Back to top Go down
Jason
TOUGE SENSEI
Jason

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:09 pm

SPARTA wrote:

Thats not quit true.. Up at the Dragon that is true, but at Suches were we go mostly there is alot and I mean alot of deer. there are valleys in between our roads were the deer live and move from place to place at night.

I had a very close friend split a deer in half on his bike right on 180.

I cant speak for the roads in Alabama, but up in north Ga its too dangerous for night runs.
Back to top Go down
http://4touge.com
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:12 am

thanks for proving me wrong Dick.

All jokes aside, Hopefully your friend came out alright. is he didn't, I'm sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:16 am

SPARTA wrote:
Lol, did yall enjoy the slumber party last night?

you should have come...it was a blast...but i understand why you couldn't it wouldn't have been worth it.
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:16 am

yea I know, I would have had to wake up super early to drive back for work
Back to top Go down
J_P
Touge Apprentice
J_P

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:15 pm

I voted day because of the visibility. However, I can safely say I have spent more time driving in the mountains at night. I hit a deer when I was 18 and driving a rental(car was in the shop) on a back road in Knoxville TN at night. The damn thing rammed the front of the car...seriously! It was a little GEO Metro POS. Between the ages of 16-21 I spent countless nights driving in the Smokies on the Knoxville side and tons of great twisty back roads all over Knoxville. It was definitely dangerous at times. The scariest thing I have ever seen while driving at night was between Flagstaff AZ and the Grand Canyon. I was doing about 75mph and on the left hand side of the road an Elk that stood at least 12 feet tall was standing there looking right at us. affraid I thought we were going to die, and it might have been more like 15-20ft tall. Luckily he wasn't crossing the road and we just flew by.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Yeah, Elk are big. Moose are a problem further north too and they're even bigger! A moose accident is usually a fatality ... =(
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:16 pm

I vote day because I can see so much better.

However if I had a set of those lights that is like the sun bolted onto the front of the car I would prefer night.
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:28 pm

I want to go back up at night
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:30 pm

I am down as long as I got a leader in front of me that knows what he is doing.
Back to top Go down
Oneiguy
Tougecyclops
Oneiguy

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:51 pm

I have one eye. I need to see the road up ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: touge day or night?   touge day or night? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

touge day or night?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next