4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Big Turbo's on the Touge

Go down 
+13
Lonewolfjulez
2thAche
SANDERS
Z Infidel
ap2uner
nicad
breel
specVance
mazeroth
07ltd#767
~The_Duke~
leadfoot_mf
SPARTA
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

Big Turbo's on the Touge Empty
PostSubject: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:03 pm

Directed to those of you who have big turbo's and run the mountains. How do you cope with the lag, and even in some instances, the boost?
Back to top Go down
leadfoot_mf
Touge Apprentice
leadfoot_mf

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:09 pm

big Cahones
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:11 pm

leadfoot_mf wrote:
big Cahones

Tim, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Brake a bit sooner, make sure you hit your apex that way you can get on the gas faster, but you can't floor it...you can feather boost without a problem so it doesn't hit you like a freight train, you just can't drive it like a stgII STi.

The first couple of times it was pretty freaky getting on the gas before you've hit your corner apex...it probably would have been better had I tracked my car first so i knew how the power would come on, but it still wasn't that bad.

Tim has the same power, it's just smoother
Back to top Go down
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:24 pm

oh, and tires become much more important...I was still breaking traction when in second when we were at the dragon.
Back to top Go down
mazeroth
Touge Apprentice
mazeroth

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:08 pm

You learn real quick not to floor it until your car is very straight. Plus you want to make sure that you are coming out of the corner with rpms high enough so when you do get straight and floor it, you are at a sweet spot with minimal to no lag. I didn't use to floor it at first because my car would pull to the side and I thought I was going to drive off the cliff but now I just get a good grip and use common sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joeyrivera.com
specVance
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Yea I generally just man up!!!
Back to top Go down
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:48 pm

^^ with what? 80 horses to one wheel?

Sorry, I couldn't resist Vance.

This is the reason I like the idea of multiple maps, you have the option to tune your car for particular needs.
Back to top Go down
nicad
Touge Newbie
nicad

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:05 pm

multiple maps doesn't fix turbo spool up, old man
Back to top Go down
http://www.sregg.in
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:24 pm

true but you can play with a few other things to create power before spool and that's what I was getting at. Depends on the build too, hope to have some proof soon or a primered turd
Back to top Go down
ap2uner
Twitch
ap2uner

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:30 am

meh, turbos... hehe
Back to top Go down
Z Infidel
Touge Newbie
Z Infidel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:03 pm

ap2uner wrote:
meh, turbos... hehe

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:20 pm

meh, slow cars... hehe
Back to top Go down
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Think I might turbo the Justy now, might hit that posted speed limit yet
Back to top Go down
SANDERS
Touge Novice
SANDERS

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Probley not the best example was my 2.2 stroker MR2 with a TD07 25G.... Moderate throttle input thru the apex, slow roll on the throttle. GOOD TIRES and good alignment. NO trail braking in this car.
Back to top Go down
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:38 pm

maybe it's just me, but i would never trail brake ANYWHERE except on the track...i'm too scurred
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:22 pm

In my experiences trail braking caused understeer on both my STi and Sentra.

I havent learned to left foot brake yet, but that seems like it could be useful trying to get out of a corner if you carried to much speed to get the car to turn properly.
Back to top Go down
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:48 pm

So that's what you call it, hell I've been doing that for years
Back to top Go down
2thAche
Touge Novice
2thAche

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Take the corners slow and catch up to us on the straights

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/profile/2thAche.htm
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Hahaha best response
Back to top Go down
ap2uner
Twitch
ap2uner

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:03 am

I'd rather have a faster car in the corners than on the straights.
Back to top Go down
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:05 am

i'd rather have a faster car in the corners AND on the straights...a big turbo doesn't mean you're slower through corners, unless you are just driving like a turd.
Back to top Go down
ap2uner
Twitch
ap2uner

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:12 am

I'd like to have the best of both, just saying if I had to choose.
Back to top Go down
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:14 am

damn it, just realized big turbo=big brakes=big tires=big hole in my f***ing wallet. Screw this I'm selling everything and buying a unicycle
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:15 am

Your car selection speaks for itself young sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Turbo's on the Touge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next