4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Big Turbo's on the Touge

Go down 
+13
Lonewolfjulez
2thAche
SANDERS
Z Infidel
ap2uner
nicad
breel
specVance
mazeroth
07ltd#767
~The_Duke~
leadfoot_mf
SPARTA
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice

Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:15 am

Your car selection speaks for itself young sir.
Back to top Go down
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:24 am

keep it up and someone will be pushing down Georgia, besides it's to late.
Back to top Go down
2thAche
Touge Novice
2thAche

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:31 pm

There could be a whole debate on the big turbo.

With stock turbo and stage 2-ish tune, suspension, race pads and DOT R-comp, the rotors start to take some pretty heavy wear when you run hard.

It would be relatively cheap for me to go 20G/ 350+ WHP, but then I'd just be even harder on the brakes and that s*** gets expensive.

It's hard to decide becuase there is nothing more fun than more power, but I think my next thing is going to be weight redux.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/profile/2thAche.htm
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:34 pm

2thAche wrote:

With stock turbo and stage 2-ish tune, suspension, race pads and DOT R-comp, the rotors start to take some pretty heavy wear when you run hard.

It would be relatively cheap for me to go 20G/ 350+ WHP, but then I'd just be even harder on the brakes and that s*** gets expensive.

It's hard to decide becuase there is nothing more fun than more power, but I think my next thing is going to be weight redux.

What?!?!?! Who thinks like that?

1 - who runs R-comps on a mountain run? those are RACING tires, not street tires...also, if you're cooking rotors on a mountain run, you ARE putting other people in danger, be it passengers or other motorists. Unless you're in a 2-ton vehicle w/ drum brakes, there's no excuse to lose brakes - that's just reckless driving.

2 - why would you have a 350whp car w/out supporting mods (brakes, suspension, etc.). Again - reckless

3 - more power for relatively cheap = 240. Don't do it, nobody wants to sit on the side of the road because somebody's irresponsible or their car's a POS.

I'm not trying to call anybody out, but this thread is stupid. If you can afford 400+whp, you better be able to afford to the brakes and supporting mods to go with it, otherwise YOU ARE A DANGER AND YOU WILL HURT SOMEBODY.

Use your head...fast is for the track, fun is for the road. You can do both, but do so responsibly...
Back to top Go down
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:37 pm

edit - where this thread is going is stupid. if you want big power, learn how to drive it. Don't get on a public road with too much power and live with regret.
Back to top Go down
jeb55

jeb55

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:40 pm

If you cook brakes on a public road, you suck at driving.... real bad. You will never pull my teeth
Back to top Go down
2thAche
Touge Novice
2thAche

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Quote :
1 - who runs R-comps on a mountain run? those are RACING tires, not street tires...also, if you're cooking rotors on a mountain run, you ARE putting other people in danger, be it passengers or other motorists. Unless you're in a 2-ton vehicle w/ drum brakes, there's no excuse to lose brakes - that's just reckless driving.

I run the NT01 in the mountains. Why? Why the f**k not? Greatly increases your envelope = run faster with less risk.

My brakes do not work hard in the mountains. I'm talking about the track obviously.

Quote :
2 - why would you have a 350whp car w/out supporting mods (brakes, suspension, etc.). Again - reckless

I just said that I had brakes and suspension.

Quote :
3 - more power for relatively cheap = 240

I have absolutely no interest in a 240.

Did you even read my post? Mofo, you entirely missed my point! REEEAAAADD
Back to top Go down
2thAche
Touge Novice
2thAche

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:30 pm

jeb55 wrote:
If you cook brakes on a public road, you suck at driving.... real bad. You will never pull my teeth

Oh for f**k sake. I'M SORRY I WAS TALKING TRACK TIME!!! You really think I'm cooking rotors in the mountains? And where did I say "cooking"? I said EAT ROTORS, as in WEAR THEM DOWN. From braking STRONG at the TRACK. Not riding them like a jackass in the mountains.

I need to get my car back up just so I can get a run with you guys. I feel like I just entered retardville.
Back to top Go down
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:09 pm

seeing as how the subject, and original topic of the post, is big turbos on the TOUGE, you're right, you look like a flaming douche.

On the track is completely different than on the street, but no where in your original post did you ever mention the work track. Would you like me to quote it again? Here:

Quote :

stop acting like a flaming dickfuck and pull your head out of your a**. On your exit from retardville, make sure to pick up your pit pass from gofuckyourselfville. Respond to the original question, did you not REEEAAAADD
Back to top Go down
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:11 pm

and i'll re-emphasize this post:

07ltd#767 wrote:
edit - where this thread is going is stupid. if you want big power, learn how to drive it. Don't get on a public road with too much power and live with regret.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:16 pm

I don't see any gofuckyourselfville on the map
Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master
~The_Duke~

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:15 am

Alrighty children... behave...
Back to top Go down
07ltd#767
Touge Novice
07ltd#767

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:23 am

Julian - it's three exits down on the interstate from retardville

That being said - Duke - yes daddy, sorry ;(
Back to top Go down
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:33 am

Damn Drew, come home with no bourbon left?
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:54 am

Mmmm Bourbon
Back to top Go down
J_P
Touge Apprentice
J_P

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:21 am

breel wrote:
Damn Drew, come home with no bourbon left?

Yeah and no Vette in the driveway.....

yet
Back to top Go down
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:02 am

bad enough to come home to jeb, nicad, and ball after working all day
Back to top Go down
2thAche
Touge Novice
2thAche

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:25 am

07ltd#767 wrote:

stop acting like a flaming dickfuck and pull your head out of your a**. On your exit from retardville, make sure to pick up your pit pass from gofuckyourselfville. Respond to the original question, did you not REEEAAAADD

Nobody on this thread was acting like an a**hole until you joined. I had a point, I'm sorry if I left out exactly the type of driving I was talking about but I figured that if I was talking about eating rotors, most people who know driving cars would know what I'm talking about.

I've never seen you run the mountains, but I hope it's equal to what a dickhead you are on forums.

Congrats though, I'm out of this forum and group. If discussions can't be discussions than what is it worth to post anything? I already have friends to run track and mountains with.

Bye.
Back to top Go down
mazeroth
Touge Apprentice
mazeroth

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:32 am

More peace and love in this thread please, we are enemies here. No need to get upset for people sharing their knowledge. No one is forcing anyone to do anything here. 2thAche, you can't leave cause we need to go to the mountain when you get your car fixed. I've improved!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joeyrivera.com
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:33 am

Drew calm the f**k down, really. You're making yourself look like a flaming douche.

This thread was designed for tips on completing a successful run in a car equiped with a big turbo. There is no need to go off on a tangent and bash other members. There is no cool factor here for trolling. Keep all that non sense on wrxatlanta, I'm tired of seeing it here and quite frankly, senior members are too.
Back to top Go down
emperor666
Touge Newbie
emperor666

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Big Turdbo is not suitable for mountains. Proper balance in between brakes, power, and hadling characteristics is the key.
My car makes only 317whp and everybody who drove in group with me know that even on street tires I don't have any problems to keep up with much stronger cars with R compounds.
So if somebody needs big turbo to make himself feel better and have dyno queen car, that's fine, I will recommend spending some time on suspension setup, tires choice, brakes and overall balance of the car, rather than trying to make car fast by just simply adding power to it.
Biggest turbo I will ever use in mountains on 2L engine will be 20G Tomei, which is design mainly for street use with quick spool up. Mild cams for mid range torque. Done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jdmfactory.com
breel
Touge Apprentice
breel

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:54 pm

I think it all comes down to the build, and how linear the power comes on. Biggest thing you have all missed is the gearing, USDM cars have the shittest gear ratios in stock form transmissions and ring and pinions. Half the cars I've seen on the road today could be better performers if it wasn't for the stupid CAFE B.S. It's one thing to buy a sports car to look cool and collect dust during the week days, but for those of us who actually enjoy driving it's something that should be taken into consideration with all the other supporting mods.
Back to top Go down
Jason
TOUGE SENSEI
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:23 pm

WOW! this got a little out of control... Thanks mods.
Back to top Go down
http://4touge.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Turbo's on the Touge   Big Turbo's on the Touge - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Turbo's on the Touge
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2