4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Too much power for touge?

Go down 
+8
Jake
TouringBubble
leadfoot_mf
SPARTA
Keegan
CTS-VD
Lonewolfjulez
Erv
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
Special award-Air force
Special award-Air force

Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:26 am

i would have to agree that there are different acceptable power levels for each platform, and i would also have to agree that the bottom line is it all comes down to the driver.

por ejemple: i am by no means the best driver in the mountains, but i can hang with the best of them in the corners. I personally would not feel safe with anything more than a 400(ish)HP subaru with the best coilover/suspension setup out there and I would be perfectly happy with a light(er) 300-350hp L/RS platform with all supporting mods. anything more than that on those particular platforms is overkill and you wouldn't use much more than that power ever up there.
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:29 am

so is it safe to say that if you have a high horse power car, you'd really only be using as much of it as a lower horsepower car assuming the handling is comparable?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevinkeeganpro.com
Jake
Special award-Air force
Special award-Air force
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:36 am

not necessarily. you could still use more power. not necessarily all of your power.

example: 300hp STi v. 550hpSTi
both have EXACT same suspension setup. and are both driven on the exact course with exact conditions by same exact driver one after the other.

assuming the driver is a professional driver, you would still finish the lollipop loop in a faster time in the faster car because he would be able to get out of the corners a little quicker and go faster on the long straights (i.e. coming into suches).
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:37 am

^ yes, aside from high speed sections. With increased speed you can use more HP as inertia helps keep traction at speed. Also, you'll use more HP than a grossly underpowered car as they are no where near the traction limit during acceleration.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com
TougeTuned
Touge Novice
TougeTuned

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:16 pm

i agree with keegan and dana. i think a specific power to weight ratio based of your car and what your building it for is key. what the hell good is 800hp if your so worried about throttle control that your a nervous wreck while driving or you overdo it and cause a wreck. your goal is to be fast. that requires ingenuity preparation design and just the right amount of power for your car
Back to top Go down
IdiotPilot
Touge Newbie
IdiotPilot

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm

leadfoot_mf wrote:
i disagree. there is no such answer for touge. the question is power per platform. 500hp in a miata is too much but 500hp in a vette is too little.

the correct answer is the most power that a chassis can use effectively.

I dunno, a 500hp Miata with 275 Hoosier R6s and a nice Wilwood BBK might be about right Smile

Hell, I can overwhelm my r-comp 235s with 250rwhp on RA coming out of 10b and turn 5 rather easily...or pretty much any 3rd gear turn for that matter. I need more rubbers.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:33 pm

mo powa teh betta~!

even if you can drive it cuz its got too much powa you still have lotsa powa~!!
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:55 pm

IdiotPilot wrote:
leadfoot_mf wrote:
i disagree. there is no such answer for touge. the question is power per platform. 500hp in a miata is too much but 500hp in a vette is too little.

the correct answer is the most power that a chassis can use effectively.

I dunno, a 500hp Miata with 275 Hoosier R6s and a nice Wilwood BBK might be about right Smile

Hell, I can overwhelm my r-comp 235s with 250rwhp on RA coming out of 10b and turn 5 rather easily...or pretty much any 3rd gear turn for that matter. I need more rubbers.

welcome bak!
Back to top Go down
IdiotPilot
Touge Newbie
IdiotPilot

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:11 am

I never left Smile
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:51 am

awe love
Back to top Go down
IdiotPilot
Touge Newbie
IdiotPilot

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:33 am

STFU Keegan... no one invited you!!!!
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:35 am

3some??? think it over
Back to top Go down
IdiotPilot
Touge Newbie
IdiotPilot

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:40 am

Jenn might not approve Sad

But then again.. if she doesn't know......
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:42 am

Queers! Mike you gonna start hangin out with us??
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:43 am

and are you gonna join us for the dragon again in feb?
Back to top Go down
IdiotPilot
Touge Newbie
IdiotPilot

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:51 am

I dunno about running the D. I am kinda protesting doing ANYTHING on the Tenn. side because of the "general revenue" ticket I got up there back in July. Those inbreed piles of s*** "THP" gave me a ticket and they didn't even clock me! I came down by the lake and pulled over and the 3 people behind me passed by (who had been behind me the whole time), and I sat there for a minute and the THP that was sitting across the street, just drives over, pulls up behind me and turns on the lights. Then he comes up to me and is like "you were doing 51 in a 30". 'Twas complete B.S. and I later talked to the people who were behind me and they said we weren't going more than 40-43mph. So I had to pay $105 and take a DD class. f***ing assholes.

I do want to deface the s*** out of the big Tennesee state sign on the boarder though... like put a picture of a pig in a police costume and something like "welcome to tennesee, we take cash and money orders only".
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:52 am

lol damn
Back to top Go down
IdiotPilot
Touge Newbie
IdiotPilot

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 am

true story.
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:06 am

you should still come up, we shouldn't have any hassle cause of the time of year. we can toy around on the NC side and party after that, we can discuss it on the dragon thread
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:07 am

IdiotPilot wrote:
true story.

oh and you should post this to the dragon's tail site, maybe they'll post it
Back to top Go down
IdiotPilot
Touge Newbie
IdiotPilot

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:10 am

aye.. i'll post any further comments in the D thread.
Back to top Go down
leadfoot_mf
Touge Apprentice
leadfoot_mf

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:53 am

lol mike is still bitching about thp lol
Back to top Go down
IdiotPilot
Touge Newbie
IdiotPilot

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:58 am

fluck THP. If it was a well deserved ticket, that would be one thing.... but lying to give me a ticket is another thing.
Back to top Go down
wildfire0310

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:45 pm

IdiotPilot wrote:
fluck THP. If it was a well deserved ticket, that would be one thing.... but lying to give me a ticket is another thing.

cry a damn river about it already pig pig pig
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:53 pm

the car could be a 1000hp beast or a 98hp piece of crap. the driver determines what that car can do. you never know maybe that 98hp car can ride the tail of that 1000hp. if you can drive, you can drive, nuff said. Touge for all
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:23 pm

as far as in the corners it's all in the handling setup and the tires. power doesn't come into play till you're exiting. and then the higher hp car would have the advantage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too much power for touge?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next