4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Too much power for touge?

Go down 
+8
Jake
TouringBubble
leadfoot_mf
SPARTA
Keegan
CTS-VD
Lonewolfjulez
Erv
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Keegan
Touge Master

Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:23 pm

as far as in the corners it's all in the handling setup and the tires. power doesn't come into play till you're exiting. and then the higher hp car would have the advantage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevinkeeganpro.com
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:44 pm

id rather be in a 1000 hp car than a 100 hp car anyday.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:54 pm

yeah me 2
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:55 pm

^ lol then what was the point of the post above?? lol
Back to top Go down
leadfoot_mf
Touge Apprentice
leadfoot_mf

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:09 pm

yep moar power
Back to top Go down
Lonewolfjulez
Touge Apprentice
Lonewolfjulez

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:21 pm

power is nice to have, but it can never replace skill, or lack of it. lol
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:36 pm

with enough power you can pwn the lower hp cars.
Back to top Go down
leadfoot_mf
Touge Apprentice
leadfoot_mf

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:36 am

you can buy skill but its expensive really expensive
Back to top Go down
wildfire0310

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 am

bomjoon wrote:
with enough power you can pwn the lower hp cars.

only to a point. There becomes a point where you can't use all the power and then our back to having to try and make up for bad driving. Where the driver of the lower hp is much smoother and is not limited.

Granted you put a nice straight in the road and its all over for the slower car. Ah the joys of the mountain I did with some of the member off this board. After the second turn I was right back on the tail of the car in front of me but as soon as the rode opened up for more then a few car lengths and the gap was stupid crazy, and then repeat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:51 am

hows your car coming?
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:30 am

bomjoon wrote:
id rather be in a 1000 hp car than a 100 hp car anyday.

Lonewolfjulez wrote:
yeah me 2

You guys will be easier to pass when you're in the ditch ... Very Happy

I just say to look at Auto-X results guys ... power doesn't equal speed. In our region, it's a Miata or a CRX on street tires that usually takes FTD. Both are quite underpowered but are insanely nimble. When it comes to curves and tight courses, a lightweight car w/ low COG is king.

But, you still have to know how to drive it ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:54 am

or a red FD when he actually shows up
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am

I don't remember Mahaffey getting FTD since I've been running. He is quick though ... again, light, low COG but with a little more power.
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:20 am

he's taken ftd numerous times, in a high speed course
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:21 am

i dont care if i win or not.

i stil rather have a 1000 hp car.
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:24 am

that be nice to have A 1000hp car but I'd rather have something more balanced...'cause balance is key
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:26 am

I'll just chime in and say we all need the driver mod ... more seat time will make ANY driver perform better in any car.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:27 am

i'll let the high tech gadgets improve my skills since i cant improve nomore... Razz
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:31 am

I'm glad I know you're not serious ...

Some people do it that way though and are successful. One of the young AMA (I think) Ducati riders has done very well this season under that exact principle. He just drives the hell out of the bike and lets the TC and such work out everything. He's won several times.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 am

sometimes stupidity wins races...

not to mention other stuff in life.
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:42 am

TouringBubble wrote:
I'll just chime in and say we all need the driver mod ... more seat time will make ANY driver perform better in any car.

yes this is true...you can see how much practice in video games helps, getting more real time on a given stretch of road/track is guaranteed to help your skills.
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:06 am

yup even pro's need the driver mod...
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:12 am

It's amazing how many people don't realize that though. It's funny ... the fast people know the importance of seat time, but the slow guys think they have reached their limits. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:14 am

yup...
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:59 am

That's why I play all my racing games in first person and in manual transmission lol

And why I drive as much as possible. In First Person view and manual transmission
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:48 am

unless you have a g25 its not really that close
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too much power for touge?   Too much power for touge? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too much power for touge?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next