4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Power vs. Control

Go down 
+16
Tireboi
crashtke
J_P
specVance
Keegan
Jake
RoMe
Jon-San
SPARTA
TougeTuned
mazeroth
Jason
Erv
bomjoon
Grocery Grip
TouringBubble
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Erv
Touge Apprentice

Power vs. Control - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:28 pm

pm'd cops are cracking down hard on the touges around here
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:29 pm

yah joey, you seem to have me confused with you. There is no life on these roads, so it is actually safe to run during the day
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:30 pm

thats why i need quiet car. Razz

i need to install dem oil slicks on my ride. so i can ditch dem cops
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:31 pm

but quiet cars are slow, thats what all the honda guys tell me anyway
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:34 pm

mmm i wan some pizza now.
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 pm

hells yah I am hungry as shizz
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:42 pm

bomjoon wrote:
thats why i need quiet car. Razz

i need to install dem oil slicks on my ride. so i can ditch dem cops

Alright there Spy Hunter ...

Nice road Erv. Great undeveloped area too and not many intersections. Nearly perfect ... just a little short. I'd be up for going to check it out and just not pushing very hard on these tires.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com
Grocery Grip
Touge Apprentice
Grocery Grip

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:53 pm

bubble:

It seems like every forum has a philosipher(did i spell that right?)
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:55 pm

it is a lil short, long enough to have some fun
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Grocery Grip wrote:
bubble:

It seems like every forum has a philosipher(did i spell that right?)

Hell if I know ... actually, no, "philosopher." Hooray for Firefox spell check! And I'm no philosopher ... I just like actual conversation. I post one of these threads and get a few honest replies before Joey ruins it ...
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:10 pm

dawgone philosophizery guy
Back to top Go down
Grocery Grip
Touge Apprentice
Grocery Grip

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:10 pm

Bubble:

Its just that you speak words of wisdom that's all
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:20 pm

damn bubbles gets all the good comments...
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:23 pm

thats cause matts not a tool
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Alas! I'm understood!

(That's going in my sig Ervin ...)
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:39 pm

i want some cool comments that reflect me.
Back to top Go down
TougeTuned
Touge Novice
TougeTuned

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:45 pm

in reference to build a track or touge car. i personally like to keep a certain power to weight ratio that suites my driving style. i like a good balance and think that overpowering a car will only make you slower. as the cliche goes, slow is fast. brake early and often and no race is ever one in the first corner

Last edited by TougeTuned on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:51 pm

when I am in front I brake early, early apex, and early throttle. Longer throttle = more speed. However if i am in a pack i try to follow the line of the other cars
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Grocery Grip wrote:
Point taken Read my post above yours......

Bubble Quote:

"Torque pushing you back in the seat is nice, but doing the same out of an apex is even better ..."

I agree 250%.....power is great on a high speed road course.....but since we like mtns i think 350whp is overkill.....

There is a Guy who drives an S2000CR who lives up near the tail...i NEVER seen a guy drive his car like that!.....it was awesome!...He used every bit of that car dude.....it also isn't fair that he lives up there.....lol

But what i'm saying is that guy in his stock CR was out manuvering seasoned touge guys with 1000's in mods and with twice the power

We call that guy the Ghost cuz his s2000 is white. And he's got an awesome JDM horn that says "hello."

We saw him all day saturday, heard him and the evo running at midnight, and at 8 am when we set out for an early run, he was still on the mountain.
Back to top Go down
Jason
TOUGE SENSEI
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 5:32 pm

bomjoon wrote:
"your" mr2? if i lose to that car i'll give my car away.

lol

I agree with BJ.

No offense to low hp cars that are set up right. But it is two completely different platforms

Take Jonsan's car for instance (93 miata LE) The car is super set up. it scares the pee out of me when im riding shotgun on the touge. Plus Jon's driving skill is bar none.

But whether on the track or in the mountains it just doesn't compare with a platform like Joey's or mine, (or now yours wangan)

If jon would ever get on here he could give his 2 cents
Back to top Go down
http://4touge.com
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 5:51 pm

I beg to differ ... A 1st gen MR2 might be debatable, but a Miata with a decent driver could take an Evo/STi in the twisties. Evo's are great, but they can't defy physics. Big, heavy cars will not out corner small, nimble ones. On a course with many straights the Evo will pull away, but anything tight takes away the Evo's advantage.

Ervin knows his cars. Though we don't always agree (swaybars FTW), he does know what is fast in the twisties as he's owned and driven many different cars/layouts in the mountains.
Back to top Go down
Grocery Grip
Touge Apprentice
Grocery Grip

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:01 pm

To All:

New name for Bubble:

Father Bubble
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:06 pm

TouringBubble wrote:
I beg to differ ... A 1st gen MR2 might be debatable, but a Miata with a decent driver could take an Evo/STi in the twisties. Evo's are great, but they can't defy physics. Big, heavy cars will not out corner small, nimble ones. On a course with many straights the Evo will pull away, but anything tight takes away the Evo's advantage.

Ervin knows his cars. Though we don't always agree (swaybars FTW), he does know what is fast in the twisties as he's owned and driven many different cars/layouts in the mountains.

i lapped the spec miata at the last trackday.

nuff said...

oh and he wasnt a noob. actually far from it. from what i heard he was a pro and he had 2nd place at the last spec miata race.

it was a 20 min session. i lapped him in about 10 to 12 laps.
Back to top Go down
Jason
TOUGE SENSEI
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:06 pm

TouringBubble wrote:
On a course with many straights the Evo will pull away, but anything tight takes away the Evo's advantage.

Yes and that why it freaks me out how fast the miata is in the twisties.

But in jons own words, he needs another 50-60 the the wheels to be comparable given same driver.

Last edited by Jason on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason
TOUGE SENSEI
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 pm

bomjoon wrote:

i lapped the spec miata at the last trackday.

oh and he wasnt a noob. actually far from it. from what i heard he was a pro and he had 2nd place at the last spec miata race.

it was a 20 min session. i lapped him in about 10 to 12 laps.

That may have been the same spec out with me..

And the result was the same
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 pm

track and mt runs are different because on the mts you cant really go around a car even if you could. and the fact that whoever knows the road more has the advantage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power vs. Control   Power vs. Control - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power vs. Control
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4touge.com Forum :: Touge :: Methodology-
Jump to: