4touge.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

If You Could Only Give One Tip

Go down 
+23
blake0387
mynameismike
Erv
ChukiDori
SidewayZ
Keegan
FACE
Trekster
bomjoon
BOPGUN
SPARTA
TouringBubble
2thAche
Jewels
Simontibbett
Greg
hsuphotography
Jason
EvoLady
pEd
Jon-San
Jake
RoMe
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Greg
Touge Novice

If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 5:29 pm

LOL, isn't that the damn truth?!
Back to top Go down
Simontibbett

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Exactly
Back to top Go down
Jewels
Touge Newbie
Jewels

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 6:37 am

Works in the woods too. Look where you want to go!
Back to top Go down
http://monsterarmy.loopd.com/members/Jewels450/Default.aspx
2thAche
Touge Novice
2thAche

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 9:06 am

I would say to do some autocross if you haven't, preferably the novice days when they have instructors to ride along. Learn the basics of car control and feel what your car does at it's limit in a safe relatively low-speed environment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/profile/2thAche.htm
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 5:15 pm

Know not only the car's limits, but your own ...

Bad technique can make the greatest car in the world react badly. On the touge, this can be deadly. So, take it easy until you have some real seat time under your belt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 5:49 pm

lol that was so random. lol
Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez
SPARTA

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 12:36 am

great advice guys, thanks!
Back to top Go down
BOPGUN

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 11:42 am

I think I'm a little late but one thing I learned a long time ago that has stuck with me is: Look where you want the car to go and it will go there (most of the time). If you are looking where you DON'T want to go, you will go where you DON'T want to go. I learned this the hard way many years ago.
Back to top Go down
Trekster
Touge Apprentice
Trekster

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:28 pm

too bad. lol
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 9:20 pm

haha pwned~!
Back to top Go down
Trekster
Touge Apprentice
Trekster

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 11:57 pm

i guess it would be funnier if keegan said something. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 4:17 am

neat guys.... thanx.
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:57 am

^^^now that's funny

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevinkeeganpro.com
FACE
Touge Newbie
FACE

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 3:30 pm

Always be prepared for the unexpectied...never become relaxed at the wheel.

Title says only one but I guess you will have to deal with my two Wink
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:40 pm

and it's always appreciated man
Back to top Go down
SidewayZ
Touge Newbie
SidewayZ

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Something I've learned from riding with TougeTuned...

NEVER ride with him in the passenger seat!!! I've gotten some of my "concentration" training from him because I made that mistake.

**hugs** love ya bro. lol
Back to top Go down
ChukiDori

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:31 am

If i could only give one tip ..Probly..

A Tire can ONLY use its full traction potential, If you as a driver bring it to that point smoothely, and predictably.

My theory is that the fastest driving style comes from learning to listening to your tires. Nothing else matters...regardless of how much suspension/brake/engine the car has. It all has to be translated through those lil patches of rubber down there.
Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master
Keegan

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:06 am

Yes everything has to be smooth (you can't go and try and put braking and turning forces on a tire all at once they must transition to one another...like a dissolve in video) but the properly modded and setup suspension will apply that tire to the road the best way it can. Static camber, toe and having suspension that utilizes this all comes in to play.

Especially with cheap as mcpherson struts up front like evo's and subie's ...damn it!
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:02 pm

make sure you not only do a scout run, but also a warm up run(which can be extremely difficult to keep yourself from doing a fun run)
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:20 am

Ervin, I figured your tips would be:

Stay on the asphalt.
Don't slide sideways on to the interstate.
There is no 90+ octane fuel in North Alabama.
If the brake pedal goes directly to the floor, something is wrong.

My new tip would be:

Always watch for large rock columns in the median.
Your wife in the passenger seat makes your car slower.
Don't get behind the F-Bodys.

=)

On a more serious note, bring some tire patching equipment. On our last drive someone got a nail in their tire and it cut their trip short because no one had a patch/plug kit. We had a compressor ... but no plugs.
Back to top Go down
mynameismike
Touge Newbie
mynameismike

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:50 am

Never be too confident...it can work against you
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:46 am

except when you're running Joey... then it won't hurt you
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble
Touge Apprentice
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:50 am

Joey's tuner must really suck ...
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:27 am

get everything controlled.

buy out the road and close it for a full day of fun.

my tuna is in a can.
Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice
Erv

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:14 am

bomjoon wrote:
get everything controlled.

buy out the road and close it for a full day of fun.

my face is in a can.

fiskd for you
Back to top Go down
blake0387

blake0387

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:38 pm

I would have to say just be mindful of your limits, realize when you're trying to keep up with someone that is significantly faster than you.

During the last mountain run I went to on September 21st, I somehow got stuck near the front of the fast group. Instead of trying to keep up with a group that was clearly out of my league, I pulled off before I did something stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Only Give One Tip   If You Could Only Give One Tip - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If You Could Only Give One Tip
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4touge.com Forum :: Touge :: Methodology-
Jump to: